Saturday, 27 February 2010

vermeeresque

©2010 Alek Lindus, all rights reserved 

had an image featured at -
UNLIMITED GRAIN is a place where I place “the best off” THIAPS to be used where it belongs; in a book.I strongly believe that good photography should be printed.
am pleased about that. As regards this image, there was no intention to imitate or emulate Vermeer it was more [for me at least] a post observation on the colour.
Also i came across a site that has taken images from my old [now discontinued] web site and uses them for people to make collages out of. this i'm not happy about at all, nor am i happy about dealing with it. The whole copyright issue on the web is a pain, especially with bills being passed that will make it more so.

2 comments:

Arslan Ahmedov said...

Hello Alek,
I would like to congratulate you for this wonderful image. I love every photograph with any link with the Art...
...
the wonderful light, the theme is really touch my senses.. Do you know that Vermeer use 'camera obskura' in his process of working?

All the Best,
Ars

alek said...

ars, thanks for the comment,
yes i do know that vermeer used the CO, was discussing that with john after i'd posted it on flickr.
could be interesting to use one in conjunction with photography